Site Built Cabinets Compared to Furniture Quality
homeowners are excited when they have the opportunity to have cabinets
for them by a local site built company. Although this custom benefit
is a great opportunity, consider
how site built cabinets compare with special order cabinetry available
Built: Hand applied finish that does not
achieve the long-lasting durability in a kitchen.
Order: Furniture quality oven cured finish
that contains zinc and titanium oxide
enabling the hardest finish for durability. Finish is also proven
to withstand common kitchen
products such as vinegar, lemon, orange, tomato, and grape juice,
catsup, coffee, olive oil,
alcohol, detergent and mustard.
Built: No warranty or limited warranty
Order: Minimum 5 Year Warranty to Lifetime Warranty
Built: Not KCMA Certified for durability
Order: Meets all KCMA Certifications
Built: May use hardwoods and/or plywood
that is not environmentally responsible
Order: All products made of environmentally responsible hardwoods
Built: Built according to your specifications.
Order: Complete custom options to over 3,000 product sizes to
fit any project or
Environmentally responsible hardwoods only
- Drawers are tested to hold 15 lbs per sq ft and opened and closed
- Doors are loaded with 65 lbs of weight and continuously opened
and closed to test strength
- Wall cabinets are loaded with 500 lbs of weight without any visible
sign of failure allowed
- Strength of joints are tested against 250 pounds of pressure
- Finish areas are submerged in vinegar, lemon, orange, tomato,
and grape juice, catsup, coffee,
iiolive oil, alcohol, detergent and
mustard, for a minimum of 24 hours with no appreciable
iidiscoloration, stain or whitening
- Cabinets are tested on the ability of the finish to withstand
hot and cold cycles.
- Finishes are baked to 120 degrees, then cooled to -5 degrees multiple
times with no discoloration
iior other failure allowed.